Footprint Community Development and Voluntarism (FCDV) was created to promote sustainable development through voluntarism, networking, information dissemination, and collaborate and conduct research and support the implementation of projects that would help in the integration of environmental conservation, socio-economic and community development projects through the following:
- Offer support to local community based projects through outsourcing and subsequent placement of international volunteer personnel in order to improve the life of our people and hence contributing to the development of our country. We appreciate the diverse talent and skills each individual is endowed with and we want those who can offer such service as volunteers to be well guided and advised.
- Undertake research on issues both current and emerging on sustainable environment, health promotion and community development.
- Develop and network with other organizations with similar objectives in the area of environment, education, and health and community development.
- Develop and maintain the information resource facility to support research, training, consultancy and extension services on environment, health and community development.
- To facilitate a forum for dialogue on the issues of environmental management, health promotion and community development through collaboration and networking with research institutions, academic institutions and all other stakeholders.
- To seek, enhance and develop appropriate technologies that would alleviate poverty, food insecurity, energy conservation, climate change, human health and community development. Propagate and ensure gender equity in environmental conservation, health and community development initiatives through community participatory planning and management.
- Dissemination and knowledge exchange through publication of research findings in journals and newsletters, training manuals for creation of awareness on better health, environmental management and community development.
- Creating health, community development and environmental awareness to the communities